The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) has established the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) to provide financial assistance to eligible households, directly or indirectly impacted financially by COVID-19. This assistance will be available to eligible households struggling to pay rent, rental arrears, utilities, utility arrears, and other related housing expenses.
WHO CAN APPLY:
– A tenant who owes back rent or struggling to pay rent that has been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
– A landlord with a tenant who owes back rent or struggling to pay rent that has been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
– Or a household with occupancy of a rental property who has been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19 and is struggling to pay for utilities such as electricity, gas, water/sewage, trash removal, and heating. Telecommunication services such as cell phone, telephone, cable, and internet are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. To apply for the initial application electronically, Go to the COMPASS website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome, under Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) on the homepage to start your application.
2. Call Blair County Community Action Program at 814-946-3651 to:
– Request a mail-in application.
– Fill out an initial application over the phone.
– Request an application to be dropped off at your home.
3. Stop by our office at 2301 Beale Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601 to pick up an application.
Eligibility for the program will be determined based on the following requirements:
Current income must be at or below 80% of Blair County Area Median Income (AMI):
Household Size – Income Limit
1 – $36,350
2 – $41,550
3 – $46,750
4 – $51,900
5 – $56,100
6 – $60,250
7 – $64,400
A completed intake packet consisting of the following documents:
– Signed release of information
– Proof of identification for all household members
– Intake and assessment forms
– Social Security Card
– Service plan
– Proof of income
– Verification of need for service