Check out Blair Community Action Program’s INDEED page for current job openings!
Click the link below:
CASE MANAGEMENT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Interview client/patient to determine eligibility and document case file;
2. Perform client/patient assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop a housing plan with regard to addressing barriers and achieving self-sufficiency;
3. Develop a case plan in conjunction with the client/patient to establish goals such as housing and employment. Refer clients/patients to other service providers as needed;
4. Meet with clients/patients regularly to monitor progress toward attainment of goals;
5. Maintain constant communication with client/patient, counseling providers, treatment providers, etc.
6. Maintain records, keep progress reports and document progress in client case file and in computer database. Provide feedback to clients and revise client/patient goals as needed;
7. Coordinate services with other internal programs and other organizations in the community;
8. Participate in and successfully complete all certifications, trainings, seminars, meetings, and webinars as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisors.
- 9. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – Preferred related post-secondary education or a High School Diploma and minimum of three years of experience working in the human service field is preferred. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet) are required. The successful candidate will be required to utilize a computer to develop and track client goals and to input client data into internal and web based management information systems.
Some overnight travel may be required. A Criminal background check and drug screening are necessary. A Pennsylvania driver’s license is required and candidates must have reliable transportation to and from the Agency.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $12.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
WEATHERIZATION LABORER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Must have regular reliable attendance;
- Completes training required to perform weatherization;
- Performs weatherization work to include installation of insulation of all types (blow- in, spray-on, batts, etc.), doors and windows, weather-stripping, caulking, mechanical and passive ventilation, framing, sheetrock, roof repair;
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment;
- Maintains tools and vehicles;
- Interacts with customers and coworkers in a productive, pleasant manner;
- Follows all procedures and guidelines regarding weatherization installation standards;
- Follows organization inventory policies and procedures including OSHA requirements;
- Follows organization safety procedures and utilizes safety equipment provided;
- Attends organization and other trainings and meetings as required;
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
General Labor: 1 year (Required)
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
Location: Altoona, PA 16602 (Required)
License: Valid PA Drivers License (Required)
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply. Only full-time employees eligible.