Before filing for eviction occurs, consider mediation
Blair County has a free mediation process available for tenants and landlords.
Mediation provides a way for both parties to;
- Address and resolve concerns
- Communicate in a natural way without legal technicalities
- Recognize similar needs: housing stability and financial recovery
- Avoid litigation, its costs and negative impacts
- Emphasize communication and an on-going relationship.
Mediators will help you address back rent, payment plans, maintenance needs and prevent evictions.
How mediation works:
- A trained, neutral, third party mediator helps facilitate conversation.
- Each person is given a chance to explain their point of view.
- Everyone jointly decides the issues to be resolved
- Possible solutions are considered, and the best ones are chosen
- In most cases, a written agreement signed by all parties with the intention to uphold concludes a successful mediation.
For more information or to arrange for mediation, call Family Services Incorporated at (814)944-3583 extension 324
Participation in mediation does not guarantee financial assistance.
2022 Broad Avenue Phone: 814-944-3583 www.familyservicesinc.net
Altoona, PA 16601 Fax: 814-944-8701 email@example.com